- On 19 Nov 2011
- By Chiante Mataitusi
Is A College Degree Important?
What Earning A Degree Means For Your Future
With a college degree under your belt, you could be opening doors to various career opportunities.
The Significance Of A College Degree
As you consider the college you want to attend, or consider going back to college, you may ask yourself. "Is a college degree important?"
1) With the sheer amount of job candidates and the unemployment rate near 9%, a college degree can help you stand out.
2) Companies see someone with a college degree as an employee that will complete tasks, stay the course, commit to the employer and stick around for a substantial amount of time. The college degree is important because it proves your sacrifice to spend 2 to 4 years attending college and getting your diploma.
3) Some top companies won't even consider a candidate unless they have a college degree. This makes having a college degree important.
Why else is a College Degree Important?
While knowledge can be powerful, a college degree can also help boost your earning potential. Fulfill Your Earning Potential Annual earnings based on degree. The Department of Education
- 4-Year Degree - $53,000 / year
- 2-Year Degree - $39,000 / year
- High School - $32,000 / year
- No High School - $24,000 / Year
Start a career in one of Today's Hottest Industries:
- Arts Degree
- Business Degree
- Computer Degree
- Counseling and Psychology Degree
- Criminal Justice Degree
- Culinary Degree
- Degree Completion Degree
- Dental Degree
- Education Degree
- Engineering Degree
- English Degree
- Massage Degree
- MBA Degree
- Mechanical Degree
- Medical Degree
- Nursing Degree
- Other Degree
- Religion Degree
- Veterinary Degree
- Science Degree
- Arts and Sciences Degree
- Communications Degree
- Environmental Studies Degree
Now when you ask yourself, "Is a college degree important?" You know the answer, "Yes it is."